With the desire to have a one of a kind vehicle and the vision of a hot rod truck in their minds, Chris and Pam came to SMG Motoring in early January of 2019 with an idea. After brainstorming with Fred Jr. and the SMG Motoring team the build we now call "Perfection" was born.
The Idea – To create a killer hot rod truck that is understated at first glance, yet draws you in with its attention to detail. To build a truck that is subtle yet aggressive, tame but mean, all in one killer chassis with tire smoking horsepower on demand. That is the recipe for Perfection.
The Build – A Factory Five Racing '35 Truck kit is the basis for the project. Couple the race inspired chassis with a Procharged LS3 engine, sticky Nitto tires, adjustable coil over suspension, its clear to see how Perfection got its attitude.
* Factory Five Racing 35 Truck Kit built and customized in house at SMG Motoring
* Blue Print Engine 530 hp LS3 Crate Engine (without Procharger)
* Procharger 10 Rib Race Supercharger kit with P1X Blower (boosting engine to 800hp)
* Dynamic Racing Transmissions 4L65e transmission with custom stall converter
* Custom air to water intercooler system by SMG Motoring
* Customized fabricated coil covers
* Custom designed and optimized fuel system by SMG Motoring
* Moser 8.8 rear end with posi traction and 3.55 gears
* Koni double adjustable coil over shocks
* Wilwood brakes front and rear
* Wilwood pedal box with dual master cylinders
* Electric assist power steering
* Vintage Air heat and AC
* Customized SpeedHut ICON gauge cluster
* Custom leather interior by Seamless Customs
* Budnik fully brushed wheels
* Nitto NT05 Tires (NT05r drag radials in rear)
The Debut: SEMA 2019 Battle of the Builders Competition and The SEMA Show 2019. Perfection '35 can also be seen at the 2020 Detroit Autorama.
Check out this video with SMG's Fred Jr along with Tony Zullo from Factory Five Racing from SEMA 2019 with Chris and Pam's 35 truck "Perfection."